Thursday, November 14, 2013

Good Story 072: Lincoln



Julie and Scott watch Lincoln, which is about a guy that used to be the President of the United States and not a Tom Hanks movie about a large hilarious dog named "Lincoln". (The dog you're thinking about is named "Hooch".) Friend of the podcast Tamahome is mentioned, but Johnny Depp is not. And Daniel Day-Lewis? Brilliant.


Download or listen via this link: |Episode #072|

Subscribe to the podcast via this link: Feedburner

Or subscribe via iTunes by clicking: |HERE|

More stuff:


5 comments:

  1. Boo for no podcast in December (but the holidays are busy enough as it is, aren't they?). Scott might be cheered to know that for all the other April 15 downers, he also shares a birthday with Leonardo Da Vinci. Haven't seen the film yet, but I chuckled to myself when the discussion turned towards our sometimes skewed view of history having no precedent for the wacky political games that go on today. I just finished a book in which the author touches on 19th c. skepticism of the Jesuits, particularly in the U.S., where apparently there were some not insignificant suspicions of their involvement in an elaborate conspiracy to assassinate President Lincoln. Oh, Da Vinci Code, who knew you were so passé? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Leonardo da Vinci. And his code!

    I'm intrigued by the suspicion of the Jesuits - what could possibly have been the potential motive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How would you say Muscle Shoals compares to The Commitments (my favorite music movie)? I used to watch music movies all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen one that hits as many of the marks as that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably the biggest difference is that Muscle Shoals is a documentary so it really happened. The Commitments is fiction, right? It's been on my "to see" list for a long time. I'd be curious to see what you think of Muscle Shoals ...

      Delete
  4. Yes, the Commitments is based on a book. I'll definitely see if I can check Muscle Shoals out before your discussion.

    ReplyDelete